Centura Health has more experts in more places throughout the region. Start your health journey by finding the right one for you.
Mercy Regional Medical Center
Welcome to Mercy Regional Medical Center, southwest Colorado's largest and most technologically advanced medical facility. Continuing the legacy of care that began in 1882 when the Sisters of Mercy opened Durango's first hospital, Mercy is a not-for-profit, full service, acute care hospital designated as a Level III trauma center. As a not-for-profit medical center, Mercy is committed to improving the health and wellness of the communities it serves and the individuals who receive care at the hospital. The new Mercy Regional Medical Center opened in the Grandview area of Durango in June, 2006. It includes state-of-the-art medical technology in an environment designed to promote a sense wellness and healing.
• 212,000-square-foot hospital with three floors; Attached 153,000-square-foot medical office building (not owned by Mercy)
• Capacity: 82 beds, all private rooms
• Healing environment with healing garden, labyrinth, chapel, and artwork, which comprises one of the largest collections in Colorado
• State-of-the-art technology including 64-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner, and breast MRI
• Room breakdown: 11 Intensive Care, 11 Transitional Care, 48 Nursing, 12 Labor, Delivery, Recovery, and Postpartum
• 853 parking spaces; 19 handicap accessible
• Central lobby with seating for 50
• Medical staff at Mercy is comprised of 135 board-certified physicians who represent 35 medical specialties and sub-specialties
• One of the largest employers in Durango with more than 800 full and part-time employees
• Surgical Care - 5 state-of-the-art operating rooms, including dedicated caesarian-section, spine surgery, and general surgery suites; dedicated surgery elevator; 4 additional surgical suites in the medical office building
• Cardiac Care - Mercy Regional Medical Center is the only hospital in Southwest Colorado with both medical and interventional cardiologists on staff
• Orthopedic & Spine Center of Excellence - A collaborative effort that involves physicians, the hospital, and physical therapy providers who closely coordinate patient care
• Family Birth Center - has its own elevator and waiting area, features a special birthing tub for families interested in underwater birthing, has a Jacuzzi tub in almost all rooms, offers expecting families classes on topics including childbirth and breastfeeding, and a surgery suite specifically dedicated to emergency caesarian sections
Our Healing Environment
• A unique healing environment: labyrinth and meditation alcove onsite
• An Executive Chef on staff to make nutritious, unique meals not typically found in hospitals
• Touch, Love, and Compassion (TLC) Program - includes complementary therapies for inpatients and outpatients (fee for service) such as gentle massage, aromatherapy, music therapy, and pet therapy. Outpatient acupuncture procedures are also available.
Our search tools require a zip code to match the location nearest you.